Saturday, October 4, 2014

More From One of Our Incoming Freshmen: Carli Lembicz

I am a hardworking individual with substantial dreams for my future. Each step in my life and each moment that passes, makes me who I am. Every adventure I have encountered, good or bad, happy or sad, makes me stronger. Each passing minute is a new experience for me and allows me to grow into the person I want to become. Day by day I take a new step in life towards my future goals. Entering college was an enormous step for me, but I am ready to learn and process new information that will aid me to my dreams.

So, who am I, really? My name is Carli Lembicz and I am currently seventeen years old. I was born on September 24, 1996 and grew up in the small village of Franklinville, New York. I have one older brother and I live with him and my dad. To most people, I come off as the quiet type-which can be true because I am shy-but once you get to know me and I am comfortable, I am very talkative and outgoing, I am presently a freshman here at St. Bonaventure University, majoring in history. As I stated before, I live in a small town which is about a twenty minute drive from Bonaventure; so the plus side for me is that I am able to live at home and commute to class every day. Now, you may wonder why I chose to major in history. To answer that in the best way possible, I would have to start with the fact that I had a wonderful history teacher my senior year of high school. He made the class interesting and we read many books, including my favorites Jews without Money and Manchild in the Promised Land. I took American History through a Syracuse University program that my school offered and I basically fell in love with it. I find history so fascinating due to the fact that we learn about people and what they did, how they thought, and why they did what they did. As a result, I decided to study history to acquire more knowledge in the field. With a degree in history, my next step after college will be to attend law school. My goal is to become a corporate lawyer and I believe with a history degree, I will be able to achieve this dream due to the fact that many history majors work in the corporate field.

Overall, I am an individual who loves history and plans to work my hardest in college to achieve my future goals. History is such a great field to study because of the many changes that have taken place throughout the years. I find it extremely interesting to learn about historical trends of dress, culture, and mannerisms and compare them to the present because it is just amazing how much things change. As a freshman I can honestly say that I am ready to learn and work twice as hard as before in this new chapter of my life. I cannot wait to learn what my future history classes are waiting to teach me.



No comments:

Post a Comment