Sunday, December 4, 2011

News from 2010 History Grad Rachel Engl

After graduating from St. Bonaventure in 2010 with a degree in history and French, I moved to Bethlehem, Pennsylvania to attend graduate school at Lehigh University.  I am in a Master's/PhD program for history.  I am interested in Colonial American history, especially during the Revolutionary period.  While at Bonas, I wrote a honors thesis under the direction of Dr. Robbins and Dr. Schaeper about the relationship between the marquis de Lafayette and George Washington.  This year I am writing my Master's thesis which was somewhat inspired by my thesis at Bonaventure.  My Master's thesis is focusing on the relationship between soldiers in the Continental Army during the American Revolution and what their relationships (or lack there of) tells historians about masculinity during the Revolutionary period.  I am lucky to live in Bethlehem, which is close to New York City and Philadelphia, which has made research much easier!  After I finish graduate school, I hope to become a professor.  This past summer I got married to a fellow Bonaventure graduate -- Bob Taggart, also class of 2010.  

No comments:

Post a Comment