Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Introducing Our Incoming History Majors, Part V: Marshall Rice


Hi, my name is Marshall Rice, and I am a freshman history major from Bath NY. Bath is a very small town with absolutely nothing to do. It does, however, have a unique history with the flood in the 1970s and the host of the longest continuing running fair in the United States. I chose to be a history major because it was always something I was passionate about and enjoyed learning about in school. I love to learn about the past and how we got to where we are now. I’d rather remember a date that never changes than a formula whose outcome changes. I am uncertain about which path to take with a history degree, but I am looking into a few. Being a teacher has always been a strong choice of mine because of my passion for history. As a teacher, I could share that passion with other students and hopefully show them that history is a fun subject. I would love to work in a museum as well. To be able to go to work and see physical evidence of history everyday would be really rewarding.
My interests besides history include being a big Buffalo Bills fan along with many other sports and my love for music. I have been a Bills fan my whole life, perfect timing for their long slump. I also love to follow college football and the NBA. My music interests revolve around rock, country, alternative, and some rap. Some of my favorite bands/artists include Imagine Dragons, Mumford & Sons, Eminem, and Macklemore. I am excited for my journey at St. Bonaventure and can’t wait to see where my path leads me.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment