Monday, September 2, 2019

Meet our New History Major: Robert Scheurer



Hello, my name is Robert Scheurer, and I am an incoming freshman at Saint Bonaventure University. I’d like to share a little about myself and why I chose to be a history major.

I was born in New York City, but was raised in Cranford, a small town in northern New Jersey. From an early age, I was fascinated by stories. I began to read, and by the time I was four I could read well enough on my own. I loved anything I could get my hands on, consuming information like a junkie. From dinosaurs to the Titanic, I loved to learn. This led to me joining the Cub Scouts in Kindergarten, which ended with me as an Eagle Scout and a veteran of Philmont Scout Ranch. I went to St. Peter’s Preparatory School in Jersey City for high school and earned several varsity letters in football and rugby. I was a member of the Celtic Club and Italian Club. Currently, I am on the St. Bonaventure Rugby team and am looking forward to joining the history club.

My dad really got me into history, as he enjoys to study history as a hobby. My favorite areas to study are especially European and American history during the 20th century, specifically military history. I am looking forward to studying and honing my skills in these fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment